Brexit is an oncoming reality. Have you thought more as a Spanish person, or more on what that would mean to the British person? There are quite a few Spanish people working and living there, or vice-versa, British living in Spain. What does this all mean to them?
Many comments I’ve heard have to do with “whose fault it was”… thinking that it was the young vote who “brought this on”.
Brexit, explained at a fast pace, including explanations of the process and exactly where they are at and what it means, and what is to be expected (so far).
I suggest that you take the time and print out the transcription, check out the interesting vocabulary, and watch the video a few times. This is a fast pace, even if English was your first language, so please, do not get frustrated.
Suggestions on how to listen:
- Lower level: Print out the trancription, underline key vocabulary. Listen to the video and detect when those words are said, underlining as you go.
- Mid – high level: Read the transcription once through, at a normal pace, not looking up vocabulary. After doing so, write down some pertinent questions. These questions can be related to the text, or about things that you are not sure if you read or not, searching for information.
- Listen to the video without the transcript, looking for this information.
- The second time around, listen with the trancript, stopping when necessary.
- High level: listen and enjoy. After having heard it once, write down some questions for yourself, and listen again. See how you do.